When your hotel casegoods need to be updated, replaced, or if you need to furnish a brand new lodge or resort, there are a variety of factors to consider. For most buyers and interior decorators, cost is the biggest contributing factor when it comes to choosing new casegoods. As you’ll see, many of these other factors have an effect on cost that you may not have considered in the big picture of hotel casegoods.
Considerations for Buying Hotel Casegoods
- Handling, Packaging and Freight – When considering the purchase of new hotel casegoods, many people don’t think to consider shipping and handling in the overall cost of the project. Choosing hotel casegoods manufactured overseas can result in higher handling, packaging and freight costs, which could make a higher-end, American-made product more cost effective in the long run.
- Waste – Shipping and handling often results in large amounts of waste. From waste on fuel costs shipping from overseas to the packing and shipping supplies used to contain hotel casegoods, waste is a factor you need to consider. Is the amount you save on the cost of casegoods worth the negative environmental impact?
- Storage – While this may not be necessary for every buyer to consider, if you represent a large hotel or resort, storage may be a concern. When replacing hotel casegoods it may be necessary to replace furniture floor-by-floor. In this case, hotel casegoods manufacturers like Northland Furniture Company can build your entire order and store what you don’t need immediately until you’re ready for it – an advantage not offered by many suppliers.
- Warranty – Does the manufacturer you’re considering offer a warranty? How long is the warranty? Have you read testimonials and reviews from past clients to see how long their hotel casegoods last? Choose a manufacturer with a substantial warranty that they stand behind. For example, Northland offers customers a 10 year warranty, but our casegoods last much longer than that. We have customers who have had the same furniture of ours for 30 years.
- Touch ups – Even with the most durable furniture, it’s common to have to do paint touch-ups over the years. In order to touch up furniture with the same paint, it needs to be easily accessible and safe. Northland uses water-based paints that can be shipped to you for touch ups quickly and easily. When you buy from overseas manufacturers it’s common to have to wait up to three months to get the material to touch up furniture. Being able to do touch ups needs to be convenient.
When it comes to selecting new hotel casegoods, a large array of factors come into play, many of which can affect overall costs of the project. Contact Northland Furniture Company for more information about the affordability of hotel casegoods.