On August 25, 2016, the National Parks Service turned 100! With this exciting centennial comes 100 years of nature, wildlife, history, culture and adventure that can only be found in the great outdoors. Northland has proudly provided national parks furniture across the country. We’re proud to be a part of your outdoor recreational experience and are excited for the future of the National Parks Service.
National Parks Furniture
The National Parks Service wanted to replace furniture at key locations leading up to the Centennial year. Northland is proud to be a small part of the experience of the thousands of people that visit these facilities each year. The following locations were part of the renovated furniture provided by Northland:
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel – Yellowstone | Dark, colonial revival-style furniture all hand distressed
- Grant Village Lodges – Yellowstone | Custom distressed farmhouse
- Canyon Lodges – Yellowstone | Custom Shaker-influenced style
- Old Faithful Lodge – Yellowstone | Lighter Craftsman influenced
- Sandpiper Lodge – Yellowstone
- Swift Current Motor Inn – Glacier National Park | Simple clean pine furniture
- Swift Current Cabins – Glacier National Park | Dark/distressed Colonial revival influenced
- Apgar Village Lodge – Glacier National Park | 1950s inspired headboards, two-tone with bottle glass green finish
- Grand Canyon Railway Lodge – Grand Canyon | Custom design with custom nail heads bearing the property logo
All of the pieces were designed to be specific to each property. Some of the pieces were designed by others, with additional designs done in-house at Northland. We’re extremely proud of the work put into these projects and the final products that are now enjoyed by thousands of visitors to these parks every year.
Free Admission on National Public Lands Day
Enjoy free admission to all 413 national parks on Saturday, September 24, National Public Lands Day! National parks bring the great outdoors to your front door and allow you to see many of our country’s naturally occurring treasures. From Yellowstone to Glacier National Park and everywhere in-between, you can see it all for free on National Public Lands Day. Plan to visit your favorite national park for free!