When you first think of nursing home and senior living furniture, a warm and inviting atmosphere may not instinctually be the first thing that comes to mind. In the past, senior living furniture has brought to mind a sterile and cold environment more similar to a hospital than tasteful apartments for seniors to live and thrive. Times have changed and senior living furniture needs to encompass both functionality and comfort.
From Sterile to Stylish
Senior living furniture can tend to have a sterile feel. Walking into many senior living communities often feels like walking into a health care center. Assisted living and nursing homes do serve a medical purpose and provide residents and their families the peace of mind associated with easy access to health care.
While the proximity of medical care is an important draw to senior living, an equally important factor in choosing a community for your loved one’s quality of life and comfort. Choosing senior living furniture that makes residents feel at home is essential for the transition to an assisted living community.
Contemporary Senior Living Furniture
- Work with a furniture manufacturer with an eye for design
- A designer familiar with senior living can help you achieve a comfortable and stylish furniture scheme to meet the needs of today’s seniors
- Moving from sterile looking furniture to something more contemporary will attract potential residents and their families looking for a homelike atmosphere
- Customizing furniture can incorporate function and fashion
- Just because furniture for assisted living communities needs to be accessible doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice on design
- Senior living furniture trends follow a more hospitality and resort feel than sterile, hospital-like furniture of the past
Move your senior living community from a sterile environment to a warm and inviting space that residents and their families will be pleased to spend quality time together. Senior living communities can marry function, style and comfort with contemporary furniture that’s been custom designed to meet the needs of today’s seniors.